The Assistant Controller will ensure that accounting and financial processes are in accordance with best practices and in compliance with all legal statutes, while ensuring accurate financial reporting and controls. The Assistant Controller will report to the COO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the day-to-day financial and accounting needs of the organization
- Manage the monthly and annual closings
- Assist in the preparation and review of financial reports
- Assist in the preparation of reporting and tracking for grants
- Provide analysis, forecasting and reporting as needed
- Manage the coordination and preparation of the annual budget
- Manage in the annual audit and preparation of the 990.
- Assist in the preparation of materials and reporting for board and senior level meetings or regulatory bodies
- Develop internal controls and policies
- Utilize the accounting system to facilitate processes and maintain records
- Engage in payroll, employee benefits and other related issues as necessary
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Maintain strict confidentiality at all times, regarding all aspects of the company
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required, MBA or CPA preferred
- Minimum 5 – 7 years as an accountant with increasing responsibility
- Nonprofit accounting experience preferred
- Supervisory experience
- Knowledge of Sage 50, Quick Books, or other accounting software
- Experience with on-line banking
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office tools
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial reporting and audit support
- Self-motivated with superior attention to detail, and excellent analytical skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment and virtually
ADA Specifications: (Example- please add/edit items as necessary below)
- Normal demands associated with an office environment.
- Ability to work on computer for prolonged periods, communicate with individuals by telephone, e-mail and face to face.
- Travel may be required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.