Associate Medical Director
The primary responsibility of the Associate Medical Director is to provide evidence-based, up to date guidance and education for NAF programs. This includes reviewing and revising NAF Clinical Policy Guidelines (CPGs), developing ACCME accredited educational content for members, providing resources for abortion care delivery, and conducting quality assurance site visits for members using the Clinical Policy Guidelines as a standard. The Associate Medical Director will work collaboratively with NAF staff and members to further the mission of the organization and our work in Latin America and Canada.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the NAF’s Medical Director and the NAF Board’s Clinical Policies Committee to ensure timely review of current literature to update NAF’s Clinical Policy Guidelines and issue updates as needed.
- Develop and conduct education and training programs for NAF members and external audiences including online learning, on-site training, regional meetings, webinars, conferences, and meetings.
- Oversee NAF’s ACCME accredited online learning content in collaboration with the Learning and Development team.
- Direct the dissemination of new evidence related to abortion care to NAF’s members, including the Quarterly Medical Updates.
- Conduct quality assurance site visits as needed with the Quality Assurance Clinicians. Ensure consistency in site visit assessment and follow-up and provide training, technical assistance, and evaluation as required.
- Create educational materials and resources for members.
- Prepare and deliver testimony, opinions, editorials, and media related to abortion care.
- Work with development to secure funding for medical department activities.
- Serve as a medical spokesperson for the organization.
- Ensure timely review and update of all clinical materials provided to members.
- Provide support as needed to all departments of NAF for any clinical questions and membership-related concerns.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills Required:
- Board Certified MD from an accredited medical school.
- Direct experience providing abortion care.
- Proven track record of evidence-based content development and delivery in abortion care.
- Commitment to reproductive justice principals.
- Understanding of the landscape of organizations, funders, and individuals working to advance abortion care and access.
- Clear written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work collaboratively within and across teams.
- Normal demands associated with an office environment.
- Ability to work on computer for prolonged periods, communicate with individuals by telephone, e-mail and face to face.
- Travel may be required up to 30%.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.