Associate Vice President, Member Services
Position Summary: The Associate Vice President, Member Services is responsible for developing strategy and overseeing implementation of member programming and services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures cohesiveness and collaboration among NAF’s key membership program areas and provides direct oversight to member services, quality assurance, and security.
- Oversees membership initiatives and activities across the organization with a focus on member recruitment and member retention.
- Works with the Chief Program Officer to project membership, quality assurance and security visit targets, and revenue goals annually; provides leadership and execution strategies to achieve goals.
- Develops and oversees annual recruitment and retention plans that build member engagement to achieve annual membership and revenue goals.
- Works with staff to direct a collaborative effort to create membership value.
- Plans and develops budget recommendations, work goals, measurements, and training requirements.
- Plans and develops programs and services that are consistent with the mission and brand strategy.
- Ensure that NAF is providing effective programs and services to meet the diverse and changing needs of our members.
- Establishes service quality goals for department and implements strategies to meet those goals.
- Keeps informed of member needs, issues, emerging technologies, and marketplace trends.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree, business development experience, and five to 10 years of related professional experience with customer service or membership organizations–preferably for the reproductive health community–required.
- Advanced degree and 15 years of clinical experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience leading execution of complex projects, including meeting financial goals, project deadlines, managing staff / partners, in organizations of similar or greater size
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate systems and use data-driven approach to determine policies and goals
- Demonstrated commitment to creating an equitable, diverse, and inclusive environment; ability to build and lead a diverse team, including remote staff
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain accurate records and data
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with diverse groups and comfortable representing NAF externally with key stakeholders
- Patience, flexibility, and adaptability when dealing with high-pressure situations and on-the-spot changes and challenges
- Experience with NetForum or other CRM system helpful
- Significant travel including evenings and weekends is required (up to 35%)
- Normal demands associated with an office environment
- Ability to work on computer for prolonged periods, communicate with individuals by telephone, email, and face-to-face
- Travel up to 35% of time may be required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.