The National Abortion Federation (NAF), the leading pro-choice organization representing abortion providers and their patients has an immediate opening for the position of Clinical Abortion Staffing Solutions (CASS) Part-Time Consultant.
The National Abortion Federation (NAF) is the professional association of abortion providers in North America. NAF is a 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to ensuring that abortion is safe, legal and accessible. Our dynamic and innovative programs span a wide range of services designed to meet the unique news of abortion providers and patients. Or members include individuals, clinics, hospitals and physicians’ offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico City and South America
The NAF CASS consultant will work with the NAF/PPFA CASS team and directly with Independent abortion clinics to provide subject matter expertise on the recruitment and retention of clinical staff working in abortion care, with a focus on the development and implementation of long-term solutions to clinical abortion staffing shortages. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with demonstrated experience creating sustainable clinical staffing models and the recruitment and retention of the healthcare professionals required for abortion care service delivery. This position reports to the Director of Strategic Initiatives, NAF.
About the CASS project:
Jointly developed and managed by the National Abortion Federation and Planned Parenthood Federation of America. Clinical Abortion Staffing Solutions (CASS) will provide best-practice recommendations, consultation, and technical assistance to Independent abortion-providing sites and Planned Parenthood affiliated seeking to identify, recruit, and retain staff for hard-to-fill clinical abortion care positions, and serve as a central resource for licensed and non-licensed healthcare professionals seeking job opportunities within the abortion providing community.
- Part-time, 20 hours a week, $48/hour, independent contractor position
- This is an 18 month engagement with a possibility for extension
- Travel 25-50% (when travel is appropriate)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the CASS Director and CASS specialist as job seeker and job site registrations come in through the website to assess and assign requests
- Work with assigned sites to identify staffing needs, recruitment and retention.
- In collaboration with the team develop targeted and evidenced-based staffing solutions for sites needing to enhance their recruitment and retention of staff.
- Maintain accurate data for assigned abortion sites in Salesforce
- Assist with data collection and evaluation process
- Assist in the development of clinical hiring best-practices promoting diversity, equity and inclusion. As well as the dissemination and implementation of those practices at individual sites.
- Assist with licensing, credentialing, privileging and travel if requested by sites or job seekers
- Act as the primary contact for a caseload of clinics requesting consulting assistance with employment related issues. i.e., review of job descriptions, researching local places for recruitment, assist with development of screening, interviewing, and orientation materials.
- Participate in all CASS NAF team meetings
- 3 years Administrative experience working in clinics/health centers
- Experience with Microsoft word, google docs, and excel. Salesforce experience preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in an abortion facility
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to set priorities and handle multiple, competing time and resource demands
- Outgoing individual who is comfortable working in a remote work environment Performance Dimensions for Position
- Being ready and available to Work
- Approaching work with a Positive Attitude
- Exercising Good Time Management in Meeting Deadlines
- Taking Initiative
- Responsiveness to Team and Co-Workers
- Producing High Quality Work Products that Positively Represent Your Team and NAF
- Thought Leadership and Professional Knowledge
- Communication Skills