Clinical Abortion Staffing Solutions Senior Specialist
The Clinical Abortion Staffing Solutions Senior Specialist will be responsible for the day-to-day activities of the initiative and will work closely with CASS staff from NAF and PPFA to support the sites and staff we work with. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about abortion access and supporting the people that make abortion care possible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with the CASS Director and CASS consultant as job seeker and job site registrations come in through the website to assess and assigns requests.
- Works with assigned sites to identify needs for staffing, recruitment, and retention.
- In collaboration with the team, develops targeted and evidenced-based staffing solutions for sites needing to enhance their recruitment and retention of staff.
- Maintains accurate data for assigned abortion sites in Salesforce.
- Assists with data collection and evaluation process.
- Assists in the development of clinical hiring best-practices promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion, as well as the dissemination and implementation of those practices at individual sites.
- Acts as the primary contact for a caseload of clinics requesting consulting assistance with employment related issues. i.e., review of job descriptions, researching local places for recruitment, assist with development of screening, interviewing, and orientation materials.
- Participates in all CASS NAF team meetings.
- Assesses requests and assists in the development of plans to address the needs and interests of each site and job seeker respectively.
- Conducts direct outreach to sites and job seekers to facilitate connections between interested staff and sites in need of their skills.
- Manages CASS program data collection and maintenance for sites and job seekers in the Client Management System.
- Partners with the CASS co-directors to implement and track CASS program evaluation activities.
- Coalesces and manages the distribution of available resources to support the recruitment and retention of clinical staff at abortion providing sites and facilitate the creation of new resources.
- Assists with the development of the CASS program marketing and communications plan; and
- Builds strong relationships with the sites and job seekers CASS serves with professionalism and integrity.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills Required:
- Three (3) years or more of experience in clinical administration or management, preferably in a reproductive health care setting
- Experience in the recruitment and/or retention of medical personnel
- Knowledge of the abortion care landscape and the barriers and facilitators to abortion access across the country
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Google Drive, Excel, and a Client Management System such as Salesforce preferable (though not required)
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to set priorities and handle multiple, competing time and resource demands
- Comfortability in working in a remote work environment
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills
- Enjoys operating in a fast-paced environment; a nimble and flexible style; ability to self-motivate, solve complex problems, and make quick decisions.
- Integrity, independent thinking, and personal courage.
- Must reside in one of the following states – CA, CO, DC, DE, FL, GA, IL, IA, MD, MA, MN, NY, NC, OH, PA, TX, VA, WA.
- Normal demands associated with an office environment.
- Ability to work on computer for prolonged periods, communicate with individuals by telephone, e-mail, and face to face.
- Travel required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.