Human Resources Generalist
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for the day-to-day administration and implementation of various HR processes such as recruitment, onboarding, payroll, compensation, benefits, employee relations, performance management, learning and development and offboarding.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Talent Management, Recruitment, Onboarding and Offboarding
- Responsible for the complete employment life cycle activities from employee sourcing through termination, including sourcing & recruitment efforts, on-boarding of new hires.
- Administers the full cycle recruitment process, including tracking vacancies and related metrics, CHC/requisition process, drafting and placing job ads, distributing applications, scheduling interviews, conducting phone screens, tracking applicants, conducting reference checks, initiating pre-employment screenings, and drafting of offer packages.
- Reviews and updates position descriptions, as needed.
- Assists with the enhancement or establishment of HRIS/ATS systems and recruitment related processes where needed.
- Assists with offboarding activities to include but not limited to (stakeholder notifications, final pay calculations, employee records/profile updates, conducting exit interviews, property/equipment returns, etc.)
Payroll, Compensation, and Benefits
- Partners with Finance to ensure any major changes affecting payroll are accurately reflected in the payroll system (ex. Benefits deductions, paid time off accrual changes, timekeeping system changes, HRIS system updates, address change, pay rate increases, tax withholding changes, etc.).
- Partners with Finance with processing of and maintain records of manual pays, special pays, final pays and all court-ordered wage orders, including child support, garnishments, and tax levies.
- Communicates and Partners with effectively with payroll service provider and Finance Team to ensure accuracy and timely processing of payroll, as applicable.
- Assists with coordinating/processing of year-end adjustments and related activities in preparation for issuance of W-2’s.
- Serves as primary contact for employee payroll issues and questions and partners with Finance on researching and determining resolution.
- Assists with administering employee health, welfare and retirement plans benefit programs including enrollments, qualifying events, terminations, and Cobra administration.
- Prepares, updates, and maintains all supporting documentation for all HR/Benefits data impacting payroll and all payroll information entered manually to ensure accurate record keeping and proper payroll deductions
- Assist with administering and conducting payroll, benefit, and 403b compliance audits.
- Partners with Finance on managing federal and state payroll and tax compliance and filings.
Employee Engagement and Employee Relations
- Partners with Human Resources Manager to provide coaching and guidance in support of managing performance and execution of performance management processes.
- Assists with Annual Performance Review and Goal Setting processes and related activities.
- Manages new hire (90 day) performance review process and maintains related metrics.
- Assists with planning and execution of employee engagement activities, employee events, engagement and stay surveys and serves as a member of the thrive and engage team.
- Maintains, updates, and ensures ongoing maintenance and compliance with employee/employment related records (ADP database; HR Sharepoint, Benefits Enrollments, 403b Changes (contributions, loans, withdrawals), promotions, pay changes, title and supervisor changes, etc.).
- Assist with maintenance of HR information and relevant employee processes in HRIS system in alignment with local, state, and federal laws and compliance with EEOC as needed.
- Generates and communicates reports and HR Metrics regularly.
- Assists with ongoing maintenance and communication of company-wide policies, HR programs, procedures and guidelines via NAF Intranet.
- Processes employment verifications and unemployment claim responses.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in HR Management, Business Administration, Business or like degree preferred.
- Three (3) to Five (5) years of progressive HR experience in a generalist capacity.
- Prior experience processing payroll for employees in various states.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience using ADP Workforce Now required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook) and video conferencing software (i.e. Ring Central, MS Teams, Zoom)
- Working knowledge of employment law, payroll regulations, wage & hour laws, compensation and benefits.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good organizational skills and comfortable handling and juggling multiple priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills is required.
- Strong work ethic and capable of handling confidential and sensitive information with integrity.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work with little supervision.
- Ability to work in a remote and in-person office setting.
- Able to work outside of normal work hours, if needed.
- Normal demands associated with an office or remote work environment.
- Ability to work on computer for prolonged periods, communicate with individuals by telephone, e-mail and face to face.
- Travel may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.