Major Gifts Manager
The Major Gifts Manager will be essential to expanding NAF’s individual giving program and establishing new relationships with major donors. The Major Gifts Manager will develop and implement strategies for identifying major gift prospects, cultivating donors and prospects, and maximizing gifts at the level of $5,000+, primarily from individuals and family foundations. The Manager will be primarily responsible for stewardship of NAF’s major donor portfolio. In addition, the Manager will assist with special events, including conception, planning and implementing strategic donor cultivation events and assisting with fundraising and logistics for other events as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure active pipeline of major donors by working closely with Development staff and consultants to identify prospects from daily/weekly gift reports and using other strategies and database resources to identify new potential major donors.
- Develop short- and long-term strategies for prospects, including annual giving goals and goals for campaigns.
- With Chief Program Officer, develop revenue goals for major giving, tracking progress closely to ensure that targets are met and strategies re-examined when necessary to ensure achievement of goals.
- Manage stewardship of NAF’s major donor portfolio, ensuring that donors experience high-quality interactions that foster long-term engagement and investment. Develop methods to convey the impact of gifts and ensure that donors are kept up to date on key developments in NAF’s programs and priorities.
- Write solicitation letters, proposals, donor recognition pieces for publications, and other materials as needed.
- Plan and implement strategic donor cultivation events. Enlist the support of high-level donors and volunteers to host events and provide new prospect names. Execute logistics, develop strategic event programming in consultation with Development staff, and strategize and coordinate post-event follow-up.
- Conduct prospect research sufficient to confirm major donor capacity.
- Maintain donor records in Netforum database. Run reports based on gift capacity, giving history, outstanding contacts, and other criteria as needed and prioritize prospects and assign portfolios to the President, Chief Program Officer, and other staff and volunteer leadership as appropriate.
- Work with the Chief Program Officer and President to enlist the participation of Board members and other volunteer leadership in identifying, cultivating, and soliciting major donor prospects.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills Required
- Experience managing high-level donor relationships with demonstrated success in closing gifts of $10,000 and above.
- Ability to conceive, plan, and execute a major gifts program, including: annual giving, special events, and special projects/campaigns.
- Ability to set goals strategically and oversee execution.
- High level of discretion and ethical approach to fundraising.
- Proven ability to interact and influence philanthropic leaders.
- Experience motivating and managing high-profile volunteer leadership and senior executives.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with various internal and external constituents.
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office Products and virtual communication platforms
- Bachelor’s degree
- Outgoing individual who is comfortable working in a remote work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Share this position
More NAF Careers
Check back for future NAF careers