Manager of Patient Experience
Position Summary: The Manager of Patient Experience is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations and ensuring each individual meets and exceeds program goals including service levels, quality, and staffing levels. The Manager of Patient Experience manages a team of 9-10 Case Managers to ensure optimal productivity, quality, and timeliness of work. The Manager of Patient Experience conducts regular coaching and feedback sessions with the individuals on their assigned team to identify areas of growth and opportunity and aids the Case Management team in identifying and executing patient focused internal policy updates and collaboration with outside partner organizations to improve the patient experience and streamline care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads an assigned team of Case Managers; coach, develop, and motivate them to ensure they are providing high touch, excellent service in all customer interactions.
- Develops and audits quality assurance strategies to ensure the delivery of excellent service.
- Drives a culture of continuous improvements, new approaches, and personal excellence.
- Communicates key messages effectively to ensure that direct reports are well informed about issues that may impact them or their customers.
- Develops, institutes, and executes internal policy updates that drive excellence in patient care and enhance a high-touch case management model.
- Oversees national and local policy updates that impact patient access to ensure relevant Case Managers are informed and able to act in the best interest of customers.
- Praises and shares feedback with direct reports regarding their performance; suggests improvements, changes, or updates when applicable.
- Provides direct supervision to all Case Managers to ensure operational guidelines are followed and responsible for managing staffing levels and arrangements during absences, holidays, after hours Urgent coverage, or times of increased demand.
- Shares trends and provides recommendations for developing processes.
- Participates in recruiting, hiring, training, and onboarding new Case Management staff.
- Works constructively with other functional areas throughout the organization to share ideas and leverage best practices.
- Serves as on-call supervisor, the point-of-contact for urgent cases, troubleshooting, and general support to the Case Management team after hours.
- Collaborates with Hotline Engagement Managers to ensure continuity of service for patients and establishes best practices.
- Serves as an ambassador for NAF Hotline culture – role model our values in everything you do.
- Assists with Hotline Intakes and/or Case Management coverage as needed.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills Required
- Current or prior experience working as a NAF Regional or Float Case Manager for a minimum of two years and/or have a Bachelors in Social Work (BSW) or related degree and 5+ years experience managing a team of medical or social service Case Managers/workers or intake counselors/specialist in fields such as health insurance navigation, child protective services/foster care, homelessness services, domestic violence/assault services, or a community health clinic.
- Ability to interpret internal and external information sources to develop training materials and project manage the development, implementation, and execution of policy updates.
- Experience working collaboratively with patients and their families, abortion providers, staff, and other organizations.
- Ability to possess a sense of urgency, responsibility, independence, confidence, self-motivation, and flexibility. Must be detailed-oriented and be able to manage a team and multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to manage a 10-person, diverse team of high touch direct service providers.
- Spanish language skills preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Excellent written and verbal communication including over the phone.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work remotely in a private space where you can hold confidential conversations.
- Available to work flexible hours as required.
- Normal demands associated with an office environment.
- Ability to work on computer for prolonged periods, communicate with individuals by telephone, e-mail and face to face.
- Travel may be required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.