Position Summary: The Membership Associate serves as the first point of contact for applicants and member inquiries and requests and is responsible for retaining current members and identifying and recruiting new members. Working closely with the Director of Strategic Initiatives and the Chief Program Officer, this position performs many of the administrative functions of the department and requires frequent interaction with NAF members, non-NAF member clinics, and individual abortion providers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responds to member inquiries and ensures member satisfaction with NAF
- Processes new member applications
- Runs annual membership renewal process
- Improves member familiarity and usage of members-only website
- Helps onboard new members and helps them learn about NAF
- Helps maintain accuracy of membership database
- Conducts research and outreach to identify non-NAF member clinics for membership recruitment
- Works with other staff to develop membership marketing and promotional materials, including welcome kits that detail membership benefits and services
- Provides membership lists and reports across the organization, including for Board reports, development work, and others as needed
- Assists in the development of membership policies and procedures
- Coordinates and promotes communication amongst NAF departments regarding membership changes and projects
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent and at least three(3) years related professional experience working in an abortion clinic, in customer service, or for a membership organization
- Strong commitment to NAF’s mission of serving and supporting abortion providers
- Demonstrated ability to plan, manage, and prioritize diverse and detailed tasks with moderate supervision
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain accurate records and data
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with diverse groups and comfortable acting as first point of contact for NAF’s members and potential members
- Patience, flexibility, and adaptability when dealing with high-pressure situations and on-the-spot changes and challenges
- Experience with NetForum or other CRM system preferred
- Normal demands associated with an office environment.
- Ability to work on computer for prolonged periods, communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face.
- Travel may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.