Quality Assurance Consultant
Position Summary: The primary responsibilities of the Quality Assurance Consultant include conducting site visits for NAF members and participating in a range of Medical Department activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts quality assurance site visits at abortion-providing facilities and prepares formal reports assessing their compliance with NAF’s Clinical Policy Guidelines for Abortion Care;
- Maintains consistency in site visit assessments and follow-up, providing facilities with clear evaluation, recommendations, and technical assistance;
- Designs quality improvement plans for NAF members, including providing technical assistance, and contributes to follow-up analysis to measure effectiveness of improvement plans;
- Develops and conducts training on relevant clinical content;
- Provides support as needed to other NAF departments and the NAF Hotline Fund for quality assurance, clinical issues, and related concerns impacting NAF members;
- Assists as needed with clinical and quality assurance-related educational offerings at NAF and coalition partner meetings and seminars;
- Supports and implements NAF based guidelines, protocols, and evidence-based practices in quality assurance activities and clinic support; and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree, and 5 or more years relevant clinical experience are required;
- Licensed as a clinician (MD, DO, RN, NP, CNM, PA, CRNA);
- Familiarity with clinical literature and evidence-based practices related to abortion and sexual and reproductive health, with the goal of promoting the highest level of evidence-based, patient-centered care;
- Experience in the direct provision of abortion care;
- Familiarity with ultrasound in early pregnancy required, but proficiency in ultrasound techniques preferred;
- Demonstrated commitment to the right to choose abortion care;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to maintain accurate records and data;
- Fluency in Spanish preferred;
- Demonstrated experience meeting project deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability to use a data-driven approach to determine evidence-based care recommendations;
- Demonstrated commitment to creating an equitable, diverse, and inclusive environment;
- Experience teaching and training other health care professionals and front line staff;
- Comfortable representing NAF externally with key stakeholders; and
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Normal demands associated with an office environment;
- Ability to work on computer for prolonged periods, communicate with individuals by telephone, email, virtual meeting, and face-to-face; and
- Travel up to 100% of time may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.