Senior Instructional Designer
This position is responsible for the planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating NAF’s educational projects and programs across the organization. The role will primarily support learning priorities, projects, programs, and productivity with input from stakeholders to provide evidence-based, ACCME accredited education to its members through online learning, national and regional meetings, publications, webinars, and on-site hands-on trainings. The role will also support the instructional design and training of staff (internal and external) and provide instructional design expertise in the analysis, design, deployment, implementation, and evaluation of eLearning and traditional programs for internal staff. The role will be responsible for staying up to date on the latest trends and technologies as it relates to adult education and instructional design. This role requires imaginative, out-of-the-box thinking around the design and development of eLearning and training.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, develops, implements, and evaluates NAF’s educational offerings ensuring consistent branding, content, and quality of educational offerings across the organization.
- Leads and completes the development of interactive, media-rich learning solutions for instructor-led, blended, online and virtual environments.
- Creates, implements and maintains competency-based professional development trainings and programs that support the entire employee lifecycle – onboarding, career development, manager development and leadership development programs.
- Collaborates with the Communications and Medical team and other key stakeholders to ensure the company’s product portfolio is consistent across all learning materials and internal/external training deliveries.
- Executes learning and development initiatives including coordination of logistics, managing materials and providing a critical eye to ensure content is ready for distribution.
- Contributes to and develops paid training strategy to monetize training as a service
- Works closely with internal and external subject matter experts to produce educational content and track engagement with educational offerings
- Oversees compliance with ACCME accreditation requirements as needed.
- Maintains familiarity with new developments in educational technology and techniques, with the goal of promoting the highest level of evidence-based learning to NAF members and meeting attendees.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills Required
- Bachelor Degree in Instructional Design or like degree. Master’s or like experience preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, and manage of team of learning experts;
- Proven expert in learning and instructional design;
- Demonstrated knowledge of online course instructional design, learning systems and development of educational modules;
- Demonstrated experience creating learning graphics or imagery using programs similar Create Cloud suite;
- Demonstrated experience recording and editing audio for online modules;
- Demonstrated knowledge of in-person education; educational meeting planning a plus;
- Demonstrated expertise using authoring software: Articulate, Captivate, etc.;
- Knowledge of ACCME requirements and reporting a plus;
- Proficient in MS Office;
- Demonstrated commitment to the right to choose abortion;
- Ability to work independently and travel up to 25%;
- Ability to work in a remote and in-person office setting;
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
- Normal demands associated with an office environment.
- Ability to work on computer for prolonged periods, communicate with individuals by telephone, e-mail and face to face.
- Travel up to 25% of time may be required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.