Senior Instructional Designer
The Senior Instructional Designer is responsible for designing, developing, implementing, and enhancing blended and online learning programs across the organization. With input from stakeholders and subject matter experts (SME’s), this role will apply learning theory to create education. Education created may be for internal staff, for members, for ACCME credits, and as determined by the needs of the business. The role will provide instructional design expertise in the analysis, design, deployment, implementation, and evaluation of eLearning and traditional programs. The role will be responsible for staying up to date on the latest trends and technologies as it relates to adult education and instructional design. This role requires imaginative, out-of-the-box thinking around the design and development of eLearning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and complete the development of interactive, media-rich learning solutions for instructor-led, blended, online and virtual environments.
- Ensure that training is engaging and effective
- Ensure consistent branding, content, and quality of educational offerings
- Produce learning media in various formats including text, graphics, animations, audio, and video
- Deliver innovative, high-quality training solutions on time, on budget, and within scope
- Accurately document work, using project management systems, and operating within project management structure
- Collaborate with management, subject matter experts and stakeholders to develop educational materials and curriculum
- Collaborate with learning management system administrators to ensure that online content operates as designed
- Monitor the effectiveness of online content
- Operate within budget
- Develop internal Learning and Development trainings to address performance, skills, and/or behavior gaps, making recommendations, and providing solutions to improve performance, increase retention and develop future leaders
- Stay current with learning theory, trends, technology, and approaches – apply to keep training materials up to date and relevant
- Contribute to the expanded implementation of external learning management system (LMS) and for the future implementation of our internal LMS
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s in Instructional Design or like degree. Master’s or like experience preferred;
- Proven expertise in learning and instructional design;
- Demonstrated experience creating learning graphics or imagery using programs similar Create Cloud suite;
- Demonstrated experience recording and editing audio for online modules;
- Demonstrated knowledge of online course instructional design, learning systems and development of educational modules;
- Ability to explain instructional strategies;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills;
- Familiarity with learning management systems, Absorb LMS a plus;
- Demonstrated expertise using authoring software: Articulate, Captivate, etc.;
- Proficient in MS Office;
- Knowledge of ACCME requirements and reporting a plus;
- Demonstrated commitment to the right to choose abortion;
- Ability to work in a remote and in-person office setting;
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
- Normal demands associated with an office environment.
- Ability to work on computer for prolonged periods, communicate with individuals by telephone, e-mail and face to face.
- Travel up to 25% of time may be required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.