Senior Manager, Instructional Design
The Senior Manager of Instructional Design is responsible for the managing of educational projects and programs across the organization. This includes designing, developing, implementing, and enhancing in-person, blended and online learning programs. The role will manage learning priorities, projects, programs, and productivity with input from stakeholders to provide evidence-based, ACCME accredited education to its members through online learning, national and regional meetings, publications, webinars, and on-site hands-on trainings. The role will manage the instructional design and training staff (internal and external) and provide instructional design expertise in the analysis, design, deployment, implementation, and evaluation of eLearning and traditional programs for internal staff. The role will be responsible for staying up to date on the latest trends and technologies as it relates to adult education and instructional design. This role requires imaginative, out-of-the-box thinking around the design and development of eLearning and training.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of NAF’s educational offerings; Ensures consistent branding, content, and quality of educational offerings across the organization.
- Leads and completes the develop interactive, media-rich learning solutions for instructor-led, blended, online and virtual environments.
- Produces learning media in various formats including text, graphics, animations, audio, and video.
- Delivers innovative, high-quality training solutions on time, on budget, and within scope.
- Manages the implementation of external learning management system (LMS) and provides guidance and feedback for the future implementation of our internal LMS.
- Designs, builds and oversees internal Learning and Development programs including identifying performance, skills and/or behavior gaps, making recommendations, and providing solutions to improve performance, increase retention and develop future leaders.
- Consults with management and coordinates learning and development objectives and activities with applicable internal stakeholders on a regular basis to ensure responsiveness to organizational needs.
- Partners with relevant stakeholders and the Diversity Equity and Inclusion Training Manager to develop and execute on the diversity, equity & inclusion priorities and lead learning-related initiatives that ensure a diversity, equity and inclusion lens is integrated in all L&D processes and programs.
- Creates, implements and maintains competency-based professional development trainings and programs that support the entire employee lifecycle – onboarding, career development, manager development and leadership development programs.
- Collaborates with the Communications and Medical team and other key stakeholders to ensure the company’s product portfolio is consistent across all learning materials and internal/external training deliveries.
- Manages plan to provide certification programs and the implementation of programs for internal and external learning audiences; directs development of educational offerings for annual and regional meetings.
- Manages project execution for learning and development initiatives including coordination of logistics, managing materials and providing a critical eye to ensure content is ready for distribution.
- Contributes to and manages paid training strategy to monetize training as a service
- Oversees the management of all facets of training deliveries including scheduling, evaluations.
- Conducts needs assessment to inform development of new educational offerings.
- Works closely with internal and external subject matter experts to produce educational content.
- Manages staff with expertise in online learning platforms and programming, meeting planning and execution.
- Manages compliance with ACCME accreditation requirements as needed.
- Maintains familiarity with new developments in educational technology and techniques, with the goal of promoting the highest level of evidence-based learning to NAF members and meeting attendees.
- Works with Data Systems Administrator to track engagement with educational offerings;
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills Required
- Bachelor Degree in Instructional Design or like degree. Master’s or like experience preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, and manage of team of learning experts;
- Proven expert in learning and instructional design;
- Demonstrated knowledge of online course instructional design, learning systems and development of educational modules;
- Demonstrated experience creating learning graphics or imagery using programs similar Create Cloud suite;
- Demonstrated experience recording and editing audio for online modules;
- Demonstrated knowledge of in-person education; educational meeting planning a plus;
- Demonstrated expertise using authoring software: Articulate, Captivate, etc.;
- Knowledge of ACCME requirements and reporting a plus;
- Proficient in MS Office;
- Demonstrated commitment to the right to choose abortion;
- Ability to work independently and travel up to 25%;
- Ability to work in a remote and in-person office setting;
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
- Normal demands associated with an office environment.
- Ability to work on computer for prolonged periods, communicate with individuals by telephone, e-mail and face to face.
- Travel up to 25% of time may be required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.