Strategic Initiatives Specialist
The Strategic Initiatives Specialist supports NAF’s membership and initiatives to improve access to abortion care. This position assists with multi-faceted, institutional member facing initiatives to expand abortion access and support abortion providers. Working closely with the Director of Strategic Initiatives; the Chief Program Officer; the Membership Associate and other department staff, this position builds relationships with key external stakeholders and helps represent NAF’s strategic initiatives externally.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the Clinicians in Abortion Care (CIAC) program, which supports the greater involvement of nurses, certified nurse-midwives, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants in all aspects of abortion care.
- Provides staffing assistance to the CIAC Advisory Committee (AC).
- With input from the CICA AC, organizes and Co-Chair CIAC Day at NAF’s Annual Meeting and other CIAC activities throughout the year.
- Connects APCs and providers who serve the reproductive health needs of women in diverse communities with scope of practice resources.
- Recruits new CIAC members.
- Ensures retention of and increase engagement of CIAC members.
- Develop and facilitates external Values Clarification trainings.
- Designs and implements medical abortion trainings for advanced practice clinicians.
- Helps plan and facilitates state-based provider meetings.
- Assists in matching clinicians with open positions through the Clinical Abortion Staffing Solutions (CASS) Program.
- Responds to all APC CASS registrations.
- Manages the selection of the Elizabeth Karlin Early Achievement Award.
- Provides administrative assistance to the Clinical Abortion Training Center (CATC) project; and
- Participates in the Community of Practice team.
- Performs other duties as assign.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum five (5) years of work experience
- Strong written and oral communicator, with a proven track record of preparing compelling presentations and written reports
- Ability to develop and adapt trainings and curricula to fit various audiences
- Engaging presenter and facilitator
- Creative thinker with vision to develop new programs and trainings
- Outgoing individual who is comfortable recruiting new members and representing NAF at conferences and exhibit opportunities
- Enthusiasm, energy, and composure under pressure
- Ability to set priorities and handle multiple, competing time and resource demands
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong webinar facilitation skills
- Knowledge and experience in curricula development, health policy, grant writing, and proficiency in Spanish a plus.
- Must currently reside in one of the following states – CA, CO, DC, DE, FL, GA, IL, IA, MD, MA, MN, NY, NC, OH, PA, TX, VA, WA.
- Normal demands associated with an office environment.
- Ability to work on computer for prolonged periods, communicate with individuals by telephone, e-mail, and face to face.
- Travel required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.