The National Abortion Federation is currently recruiting qualified, pro-choice candidates. NAF is an equal opportunity employer and all positions are located in Washington, DC, except as noted below.
The National Abortion Federation (NAF), the leading pro-choice organization representing abortion providers and their patients, has an immediate full-time opening for the position of IT Support Technician.
NAF is a 501(c)(3) organization, dedicated to ensuring that abortion is safe, legal, and accessible. Our members include clinics, hospitals and physicians’ offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico City, and Colombia. Our dynamic and innovative programs span a wide range of services designed to meet the unique needs of abortion providers and their patients. The primary responsibilities of the Systems Administrator include providing computer systems and user support to staff and trouble shooting and resolving issues related to hardware, software as well as installations, maintenance and optimization of systems and applications to meet the needs of users to further the mission of the organization. The Systems Administrator reports to the Director, IT Strategy.
- Accurately records IT tickets, tracks progress and their resolution
- Responds to and provides IT technical support for requests related to desktop applications, hardware; mobile devices, network connectivity, printers, and user access
- Installs, images, monitors, configures, upgrades, troubleshoots, and maintains physical and virtual servers, personal computers, laptops, printers, software, audio and video equipment, telecommunication systems, wireless connectivity, remote access, and other network devices
- Performs security monitoring and administration of organizational systems using various network and application management tools
- Sets up new user accounts and mailboxes; manages network and application accounts and access; using Active Directory, Group Policies, Office 365 and other software
- Maintains and troubleshoots servers and data storage
- Performs routine audits of systems, software, and user access
- Assists in managing IT inventory, computer imaging, desktop management
- Performs and monitors data backup and recovery procedures
- Maintains and supports audio and video systems in conference rooms including setup and breakdown of AV and IT equipment
- Facilitates preparation and distribution of IT equipment and supplies includes desktops, laptops, and printers
- Maintains phone system including adding, changing, and removing users and working with vendor to troubleshoot issues
- Participates in the implementation of IT projects with IT vendor
- Drafting policies, procedures, and other IT documentation
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong commitment to reproductive choice
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and work well under pressure
- Ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines and ensure customer satisfaction
- Excellent customer skills, including written and oral communication
- The ability to lift 50 pounds
- Three or more years of experience in computer desktop or network helpdesk support in a Windows environment
- Advanced knowledge and working experience supporting Windows 10, Office 365, and SharePoint
- Experience supporting audiovisual systems and video conferencing a plus
- Keen attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills
- Team and service oriented
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or related field highly preferred
- Flexibility and availability for 24/7 support for resolution of escalated critical infrastructure service incidents;
- Certifications in Windows, Office 365, Network+, Security+, Exchange or equivalent experience;
- Experience with VOIP/OTT phone solutions
NAF is a 501(c)(3) organization, dedicated to ensuring that abortion is safe, legal, and accessible. Our members include clinics, hospitals and physicians’ offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico City, and Colombia. Our dynamic and innovative programs span a wide range of services designed to meet the unique needs of abortion providers and their patients. We are currently seeking an intern with the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated commitment to reproductive choice;
- College degree or currently enrolled in a certificate or degree program with at least a 3.0 GPA;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Proficiency with Excel;
- Outstanding analytical ability and attention to detail;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Good judgement and decision making skills;
- Minimum of 20 hours per week. Full time preferred.
- Research experience;
- Experience working with reproductive health care facilities;
- Good sense of humor
The National Abortion Federation is the professional association of abortion providers in North America. NAF’s Legal Department works to provide medical expertise to policy makers and to ensure that the voices of abortion providers and patients are heard in litigation and policy forums across the country. NAF’s legal interns will work on legal issues, state legislative policy, and/or federal legislative policy.
- Performing legal research;
- Drafting memoranda, fact sheets, issue papers, and alerts; and
- Assisting in other policy and legal projects as needed.
Please apply with a cover letter, resume and writing sample (no more than 3 pages).