The National Abortion Federation is currently recruiting qualified, pro-choice candidates. NAF is an equal opportunity employer and all positions are located in Washington, DC, except as noted below.
The National Abortion Federation (NAF), the leading pro-choice organization representing abortion providers and their patients, has an immediate full-time opening for the position of IT Support Technician.
NAF is a 501(c)(3) organization, dedicated to ensuring that abortion is safe, legal, and accessible. Our members include clinics, hospitals and physicians’ offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico City, and Colombia. Our dynamic and innovative programs span a wide range of services designed to meet the unique needs of abortion providers and their patients. The primary responsibilities of the Systems Administrator include providing computer systems and user support to staff and trouble shooting and resolving issues related to hardware, software as well as installations, maintenance and optimization of systems and applications to meet the needs of users to further the mission of the organization. The Systems Administrator reports to the Director, IT Strategy.
- Accurately records IT tickets, tracks progress and their resolution
- Responds to and provides IT technical support for requests related to desktop applications, hardware; mobile devices, network connectivity, printers, and user access
- Installs, images, monitors, configures, upgrades, troubleshoots, and maintains physical and virtual servers, personal computers, laptops, printers, software, audio and video equipment, telecommunication systems, wireless connectivity, remote access, and other network devices
- Performs security monitoring and administration of organizational systems using various network and application management tools
- Sets up new user accounts and mailboxes; manages network and application accounts and access; using Active Directory, Group Policies, Office 365 and other software
- Maintains and troubleshoots servers and data storage
- Performs routine audits of systems, software, and user access
- Assists in managing IT inventory, computer imaging, desktop management
- Performs and monitors data backup and recovery procedures
- Maintains and supports audio and video systems in conference rooms including setup and breakdown of AV and IT equipment
- Facilitates preparation and distribution of IT equipment and supplies includes desktops, laptops, and printers
- Maintains phone system including adding, changing, and removing users and working with vendor to troubleshoot issues
- Participates in the implementation of IT projects with IT vendor
- Drafting policies, procedures, and other IT documentation
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong commitment to reproductive choice
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and work well under pressure
- Ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines and ensure customer satisfaction
- Excellent customer skills, including written and oral communication
- The ability to lift 50 pounds
- Three or more years of experience in computer desktop or network helpdesk support in a Windows environment
- Advanced knowledge and working experience supporting Windows 10, Office 365, and SharePoint
- Experience supporting audiovisual systems and video conferencing a plus
- Keen attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills
- Team and service oriented
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or related field highly preferred
- Flexibility and availability for 24/7 support for resolution of escalated critical infrastructure service incidents;
- Certifications in Windows, Office 365, Network+, Security+, Exchange or equivalent experience;
- Experience with VOIP/OTT phone solutions
The National Abortion Federation (NAF), the leading pro-choice organization representing abortion providers and their patients, has an immediate full-time opening for the position of Database Administrator.
NAF is a 501(c)(3) organization, dedicated to ensuring that abortion is safe, legal, and accessible. Our members include clinics, hospitals and physicians’ offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico City, and Colombia. Our dynamic and innovative programs span a wide range of services designed to meet the unique needs of abortion providers and their patients.
The CRM System Administrator will work closely with all departments to ensure the Customer Relationship Management system works effectively across the organization. This role will participate in planning, organizing and management of all CRM projects to ensure effective operations; identify areas for improvement and develop technical improvement plans; work with vendor partners to design, configure, test and deploy changes to CRM database workflows; and design, develop and implement key reports using available tools.
Additionally, this role will assist the Communications and Membership teams and Development to analyze and report campaign effectiveness including traffic, acquisition, conversion, retention and revenue. The CRM System Administrator will stay informed on current as well as new and emerging CRM features, roadmaps and releases, while maintaining the system security including sharing rules and security levels. The CRM System Administrator will report to the Information Security and Strategy Specialist and will work closely with the leaders of NAF’s departments, and will regularly interact with staff.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the creation, retiring, and support of user accounts;
- Manage the CRM platform and architecture to ensure seamless operation across the organization;
- Use customer journey mapping to maximize member/donor experience.
- Work closely with all departments ensure the CRM works effectively and to create standardized database policies, SOPs, and system documentation for our internal CRM and members-only data systems;
- Oversee and maintain the integrity and quality of NAF’s data;
- Stay current on enhancements to CRM and facilitate (and in some cases provide) user training;
- Collaborate across teams to draft, document and execute testing plans for system upgrades, and changes;
- Design and execute customized, regular, and ad-hoc reports, queries, and lists;
- Perform periodic data enhancement, data hygiene and archiving projects;
- Collaborate with staff to generate financial, analytical, statistical, and demographic reports, as well as mailing lists and other data extractions as requested;
- Provide onboarding, training as well as ongoing timely and friendly “customer support” to staff and help them troubleshoot data issues as needed;
- Investigate and resolve any problems related to database functions.
- Strong commitment to reproductive choice;
- 3+ years of non-profit database experience; specific experience with NetForum (or other Abila or Community Brands products) not required but strongly preferred;
- Strong experience with, and knowledge of, database best practices;
- Detail oriented and extremely well organized while able to understand and apply big-picture concepts;
- Strong written and oral communications skills;
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with a high level of autonomy and independence;
- Flexibility and adaptable personality to handle shifting needs, evolving priorities and urgent situations that arise;
- Excellent time management skills and an ability to work in a deadline-driven environment;
- Ability to collaborate across teams with strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to work across teams, as well as independently; and
- Strong Microsoft Office proficiency.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits. Position is located in Washington, DC.
The National Abortion Federation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If there is interest in your application materials for this position, you will be contacted by a member of our organization. No phone calls, please.
The Hotline Engagement Manager will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations and ensure that each individual meets and exceeds program goals including service levels, quality, and staffing levels.
The Hotline Engagement Manager will manage their team members to ensure optimal productivity, quality and timeliness of work. The Hotline Engagement Manager will conduct regular coaching and feedback sessions with the individuals on their assigned team and will focus on motivating others and leading by exhibiting the behaviors expected of the team. The ideal candidate is used to leading front-line staff . Heavily preferred that you have call center experience.
The schedule for this position is Wednesday- Friday, 11am-7pm, Saturday & Sunday, 9am-5pm. In early 2020, Saturday and Sunday may move to remote schedule not onsite.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead an assigned team of Hotline Intake Counselors; coach, develop, and motivate them to ensure they are providing excellent service in all customer interactions
- Develop and audit quality assurance strategies to ensure the delivery of excellent service
- Drive a culture of continuous improvements, new approaches, and personal excellence
- Communicate key messages effectively to ensure that direct reports are well informed about issues that may impact them or their customers
- Praise and share feedback with direct reports regarding their performance; suggest improvements, changes, or updates when applicable
- Provide direct supervision to all Hotline Intake Counselors to ensure operational guidelines are followed, and is responsible for scheduling consistent staffing coverage during Hotline hours
- Partner with the Training Manager to make changes and additions to the training modules to achieve optimal performance
- Share trends and provide recommendations for developing processes
- Participate in recruiting, hiring, training, and onboarding new Hotline staff
- Work constructively with other functional areas throughout the organization to share ideas and leverage best practices
- Serve as on-call supervisor, the point-of-contact for urgent cases, troubleshooting, and general support to the Hotline team after hours
- Be an ambassador for the NAF Hotline culture – role model our values in everything you do
- Available to work flexible hours as required
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills Required
- 5+ years in a Customer Service / Call Center environment
- Strong understanding of call center environment and the key levers to enhance performance and achieve operational targets
- Ability to effectively supervise other employees, and make sound judgments within the framework of existing policies and procedures
- They must possess a sense of urgency, responsibility, independence, confidence, self-motivation, and flexibility. They must be detailed-oriented and be able to manage a team and multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work in an ever-changing and fast paced environment and maintain focus on key priorities despite conflicting demands
- Impactful communication both written and verbal
- Ability to build a highly engaged, committed and empowered team
- Must possess great people skills with an ability to relate to and to motivate people of diverse backgrounds and ages
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, not required
- Normal demands associated with an office environment.
- Ability to work on computer for prolonged periods, communicate with individuals by telephone, e-mail and face to face.
- Travel may be required.
NAF is a 501(c)(3) organization, dedicated to ensuring that abortion is safe, legal, and accessible. Our members include clinics, hospitals and physicians’ offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico City, and Colombia. Our dynamic and innovative programs span a wide range of services designed to meet the unique needs of abortion providers and their patients. We are currently seeking an intern with the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated commitment to reproductive choice;
- College degree or currently enrolled in a certificate or degree program with at least a 3.0 GPA;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Proficiency with Excel;
- Outstanding analytical ability and attention to detail;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Good judgement and decision making skills;
- Minimum of 20 hours per week. Full time preferred.
- Research experience;
- Experience working with reproductive health care facilities;
- Good sense of humor
The National Abortion Federation is the professional association of abortion providers in North America. NAF’s Legal Department works to provide medical expertise to policy makers and to ensure that the voices of abortion providers and patients are heard in litigation and policy forums across the country. NAF’s legal interns will work on legal issues, state legislative policy, and/or federal legislative policy.
- Performing legal research;
- Drafting memoranda, fact sheets, issue papers, and alerts; and
- Assisting in other policy and legal projects as needed.
Please apply with a cover letter, resume and writing sample (no more than 3 pages).