The National Abortion Federation is currently recruiting qualified, pro-choice candidates. NAF is an equal opportunity employer and all positions are located in Washington, DC, except as noted below.
The National Abortion Federation is the professional association of abortion providers in North America. NAF’s Public Policy Department works to provide medical expertise to policy makers and to ensure that the voices of abortion providers and patients are heard in policy forums across the country. NAF’s legal interns will work on legal issues, state legislative policy, and/or federal legislative policy.
- Performing legal research
- Drafting memoranda, fact sheets, issue papers, and alerts
- Assisting in other policy and legal projects as needed
- Demonstrated pro-choice commitment
- One or more years of law school
- Coursework in constitutional law
- School year: The time commitment is flexible, but must be consistent and communicated in advance.
- Summer: 40 hours/week preferred, modest stipend available.
The National Abortion Federation is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. NAF encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.