Regional Security Manager
The National Abortion Federation (NAF) is the professional association of abortion providers. Our more than 400 members include private and non-profit clinics, Planned Parenthood affiliates, women’s health centers, physicians’ offices, hospitals, and public and private clinics in the U.S., Canada, Colombia, and Mexico City. Currently, we offer a range of programs aimed at supporting the clinical, security, and educational capacities of our members. We also oversee the NAF Hotline, the largest national, toll-free, multi-lingual hotline for abortion referrals and financial assistance in the U.S. and Canada to include providing case management services and financial assistance to help patients afford the cost of their abortion care and travel-related expenses. NAF’s mission is to unite, represent, serve, and support abortion providers in delivering patient-centered, evidence-based care. Furthermore, we strive for equity and respect, wherein the dignity of every person is acknowledged and honored. With Equal Employment Opportunity serving as our fundamental foundation, we are seeking and welcome new team members of all ages, races, genders, orientation and abilities, who are veterans or represent BIPOC and LGBTQ+ communities. If this, is you, apply today to join our team!
Position Summary: The Regional Security Manager (a) oversees the security policies and procedures for NAF members located in NM, CO, WY, MT, ID, UT, AZ, CA, NV, OR & WA and/or other location as needed; and (b) works with members and local, state, and federal law enforcement officials to prevent and respond to incidents of violence and disruption aimed at NAF members within the designated region.
****Grant funded position up to 2-year years, the annual salary for this position is $80,000.00****
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills Required:
- At least 10 years law enforcement and/or security experience, preferably with experience working with reproductive health facilities.
- ASIS Certified Protection Professional (CPP) preferred, college degree preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to reproductive choice.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Outstanding analytical ability.
- Strong organizational skills; and
- Working knowledge of word processing, database, and web-based applications.
- Ability to travel at minimum 25%.
- Normal demands associated with an office environment.
- Ability to work on computer for prolonged periods, communicate with individuals by telephone, e-mail, video conference, and face to face.
- Travel is contingent on the current COVID-19 epidemic and CDC standards and recommendations. Travel may be restricted/limited and conducted virtually in some cases.
NAF offers a comprehensive and competitive health and wellness benefits package to eligible staff, to include but not limited to the following:
- Health Insurance w/ Prescription (RX) Services
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company Paid Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Short* and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement 403(b) Benefits with Company Contribution
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Birthday Holiday
- Other Paid Time Off Programs
- Remote Based Work Environment
We are seeking and welcome new team members of all ages, races, genders, orientations, and abilities, and who are veterans or represent BIPOC and LGBTQ+ communities. If this, is you, apply today to join our team! NOTE: As part of our recruitment and hiring process and our commitment to our mission, our staff and those we serve, we perform pre-hire criminal background screenings, reference checks, and security screenings to ensure alignment with NAF Core Values.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties, as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.