Providing professional education in abortion care is an essential component of NAF’s mission to keep abortion safe, legal, and accessible to promote health and justice for women. NAF is the leading provider of continuing medical education in abortion care. Our programming is appropriate for all professionals who help provide abortion care, including physicians, advanced practice clinicians, nurses, counselors, clinic administrators, and medical assistants. We currently offer CME through national conferences and online materials.
NAF is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education for physicians and is a licensed Continuing Education Provider for nurses. We currently offer CME through national conferences and online materials. More information about the ACCME
Online Learning Modules
NAF produces online learning modules and other resources for health care professionals. These courses are designed to provide training and orientation for all staff working in NAF member facilities. Clinicians can also earn CME/CE credits for completing the courses. NAF members can access the online learning modules through NAF’s Members-only Site.
We currently offer courses in:
- 2017 Clinical Policy Guidelines for Abortion Care;
- Infection Prevention: Principles and Instrument Processing;
- Ultrasound: Introduction, Anatomy and Planes, Early Pregnancy Landmarks and Dating, and Performing a Systemic Scan; and
- Medical Abortion: Patient Education, Provision, and Follow-up.
These courses are available exclusively to NAF members as a benefit of membership. For more info on joining NAF as an individual or organization, contact us at email@example.com.
NAF’s Annual Meeting is the primary venue for presentation of the latest abortion-related research. The meeting includes all-day specialized seminars and clinical workshops, as well as sessions on all aspects of the provision of abortion care, including legal and policy issues. Request more information »
NAF’s smaller regional meetings focus on specific topics related to ensuring quality abortion care within specific regions of North America. Request more information »
While NAF provides the only ongoing program of comprehensive abortion-specific accredited continuing medical education (CME), the following organizations also incorporate select abortion content into their CME or continuing education programming. Please visit their websites for more information.
- American Academy of Physician Assistants (www.aapa.org)
- American College of Nurse Midwives (www.midwife.org)
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (www.acog.org)
- American Medical Women’s Association (www.amwa-doc.org)
- Association of Reproductive Health Professionals (www.arhp.org)
- Contemporary Forums – Contraceptive Technology Conferences (www.contemporaryforums.com)
- National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women’s Health (www.npwh.org)
- National Family Planning and Reproductive Health Association (www.nfprha.org)
- Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada (www.sogc.org)
- Society of Teachers of Family Medicine (www.stfm.org)